I’m making lists of “55” this month.
Here is a list of verses which have sustained me through the years of my life.
You may or may not be familiar with the Bible.
These verses are snatched out of their contexts,
but each one has a context in my life.
These are words that have fed my soul.
1. The Lord is my strength and my song,
And He has become my salvation. — Isaiah 12:2
2. Call to Me, and I will answer you,
and I will tell you great and mighty things,
which you do not know. — Jeremiah 33:3
3. I love the Lord, because He hears
my voice and my supplications. — Psalm 116:1
4. Let Thy lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us,
According as we have hoped in Thee. — Psalm 33:22
5. For by grace you have been saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. — Ephesians 2:8
6. The Lord bless you and keep you; — Numbers 6:24
7. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. — Psalm 23: 1
8. As a father pities his children,
so the Lord pities them that fear him. — Psalm 103:13
9. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end,
they are new every morning,
great is thy faithfulness. — Lamentations 3:22-23
10. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them,
and they follow Me. — John 10:27
11. One thing have I desired of the Lord, and that shall I seek;
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.
— Psalm 27:4
12. The conclusion, when all has been heard, is:
fear God and keep His commandments,
because this applies to every person. — Ecclesiastes 12:13
13. For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans for welfare and not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope. — Jeremiah 29:11
14. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. — I John 1:9
15. O magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together. — Psalm 34:3
16. Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous!
Do not tremble or be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
— Joshua 1:9
17. It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich,
And he adds no sorrow to it. — Proverbs 10:22
18. If therefore the Son shall make you free,
you shall be free indeed. — John 8:36
19. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. — Romans 5:8
20. Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. — Psalm 62:8
21. God makes a home for the lonely. — Psalm 68:6
22. Casting all your care upon Him,
for He cares for you. — I Peter 5:7
23. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
— Psalm 23:6
24. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
— Genesis 1:1
25. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God. — John 1:1
26. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
— II Corinthians 9:15
27. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror
the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image
from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
— II Corinthians 3:18
28. To console those who mourn in Zion,
to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness,
that they may be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
— Isaiah 61:3
29. Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!
— Romans 11:33
30. Rejoice in the Lord always;
and again I say, rejoice!
— Philippians 4:4
31. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
— Proverbs 31:30
32. For the anger of man does not achieve
the righteousness of God. — James 1:20
33. But the goal of our instruction is love
from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
— I Timothy 1:5
34. My flesh and my heart may fail;
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
— Psalm 73:26
35. All of us like sheep have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
but the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all
to fall on Him. — Isaiah 53:6
36. The Lord is good,
a stronghold in the day of trouble,
and He knows those who take refuge in Him.
— Nahum 1:7
37. Greater love has no one than this,
that one lay down his life for his friends.
— John 15:13
38. But now abide faith, hope, love, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.
— I Corinthians 13:13
39. For the earth will be filled with the
knowledge of the glory of the Lord,
as the waters cover the sea.
— Habakkuk 2:14
40. Better is a dry morsel and quietness with it
than a house full of feasting with strife.
— Proverbs 17:1
41. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
for His steadfast love endures forever.
— Psalm 136:1
42. I lift up my eyes to the hills;
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord
who made heaven and earth.
— Psalm 121:1-2
43. Howbeit Thou are just in all that is brought upon us,
for Thou hast done right
but we have done wrong.
— Nehemiah 9:33
44. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing,
they render you neither useless nor unfruitful
in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
— II Peter 1:8
45. Let the sea roar, let the fields rejoice,
let the trees of the forest lift their voice.
Let the earth and heaven celebrate,
and the people on earth say, “The Lord reigns!”
— I Chronicles 16:32-33
46. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
— Psalm 16:6
47. Thou will make known to me the path of life;
In Thy presence is fullness of joy;
In Thy right hand there are pleasures forever.
— Psalm 16:11
48. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
and all flesh will see it together,
for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it.
— Isaiah 40:5
49. He has shown you, O man, what is good:
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God?
— Micah 6:8
50. Bless the Lord, O my soul;
and all that is within me,
bless His holy name.
— Psalm 103:1
51. He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart,
yet so that he cannot find out what God has done
from the beginning to the end.
— Ecclesiastes 3:11
52. I am my beloved’s,
and his desire is for me.
— Song of Songs 7:10
53. Now I commit you to God,
and to the word of his grace,
which can build you up with the rest of the saints.
— Acts 20:32
54. Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken,
let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God
an acceptable service with reverence and awe;
for our God is a consuming fire.
— Hebrews 12:28-29
55. Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
and to make you stand in the presence of His glory
blameless with great joy.
— Jude 24