I’m slowly posting lists of 55.
55 Photographs is a collection of places I’ve been.
55 Sustaining Verses is a collection of, well, sustaining verses.
Now I give you 55 pictures of the guys I wrap my life around.
1 husband, 3 sons, 5 grandsons (no pictures of the 6th until he arrives)
Only one girl—my sister-in-law—is included because I
couldn’t bear to omit one of the best pictures taken in the 1960’s.
If pictures of dead animals bother you, click away. Now.
My guys hunt. My guys fish. My guys eat.
Please know that I held back. And I will hear complaints
about inclusions and omissions from my sons.
I could have done 55 Field and Stream Photos.
There is no order and I didn’t count pictures per person.
I didn’t try to be fair. Fair is where you take the hogs in August.
1. Come with me on a journey
2. It should make you smile
3. What does this mean?
4. Let’s go!
5. Misty Morning’s Ebony Splendor — our beloved first pet.
6. A happy artist
7. Comforting arms
8. Joy in music
9. The prince of solemn faces
11. Good stock
12. What a hoot!
13. Relaxing after a hard day fishing
14. A degree doesn’t stop the silly faces
16. Hi-Ho Silver!
17. ~ swoon ~
18. Easter handsomeness
19. A cup of coffee
20. A family tradition
21. The first fish caught
22. The guys
23. His first Officiant gig
24. For the love of frogs
25. Alaska summer job
27. Faneuil Hall
28. Virtue Flat
29. Meal on the beach
30. Melt my heart
31. Howdy, partner!
32. He’s a man’s man
33. Mama makes the best treats
33. The rigors of archery hunting.
34. The results of archery hunting
35. Fishing with Opa
37. Success on the heights
38. The Bear
39. Papa on the trampoline
38. Happy with Daddy
39. Run at life. Attack it!
41. The boy who beats me at Memory.
42. Just a swanging
43. Five grandsons, and one more on his way.
44. Stinkers, all.
45. Sometimes it’s better to close your eyes.
46. On the ladder to the tree fort.
47. He loves limes. So do I.
48. A penetrating look.
49. He’s a loveable scamp.
50. The mystery of this boy’s thoughts
51. Daddy’s home: all is well
52. Say goodbye to youth
53. Docking station
54. Coaxing a smile.
55. Was all this really necessary?